Request for Proposals
|Program Office:||U.S. Embassy Dublin|
|Announcement Type:||Grant or Cooperative Agreement|
|Amount of Award:||Variable, average grant €2,000|
|Deadline for Applications:||Rolling deadline with quarterly review of applications|
|Contact Information:||Chris Visosky, Grants Officer Representative. Email: DublinGrants@state.gov|
The U.S. Embassy, Dublin is pleased to announce an open competition for assistance awards through this Annual Program Statement (APS). We invite Irish non-profit/non-governmental organizations to submit innovative educational, cultural, and historical programming proposals. All programs must have an American element to be considered for funding. Programming outside of Dublin will be considered favorably.
Particular areas of interest for programming include:
- Commemoration John F. Kennedy’s 1963 visit to Ireland; please click here for a call for proposals;
- Science and Technology
- building knowledge of American culture;
- celebrating U.S. holidays or internationally recognized days of significance (i.e. World AIDS Day, World Environment Day, International Day of Disability)
- combating racism, violent extremism, or trafficking in persons;
- protecting the environment;
- youth programming.
The embassy will award multiple grants through the year with at least quarterly review of proposals. Embassy Dublin seeks to give as many grants as are feasible. As such, grants in the €500 - €3,000 range will be favored. The total number and amount of awards is dependent on funding. Applications that demonstrate cost-sharing will be regarded favorably.
Below is a sample list, though not exhaustive, of the types of projects the Embassy has funded in the past (with the bolded project being the most common type of grant):
- Bringing an American artist, cultural performance group, educator, scientist, or other expert to Ireland for participation in a conference, festival, school function, training program.
- Funding for conference or venue space for a program fitting within the funding priorities.
- Youth program addressing the opportunities and challenges of being a minority in Ireland.
- Printing expenses for an exhibition on World AIDS Day.
Submitting an Application? Be Brief! Please include:
- Contact details
- Description of the Organization Requesting Funding
- Program Proposal
Please click here for a Sample Proposal.
Please click here for full details of the Competition for Assistance Awards.
Please click here for full explanation of U.S. Department of State assistance awards.
Please click here for the Department of State Standard Terms and Conditions for Overseas Federal Assistance Awards