The Alumni Initiative
About the Initiative
The U.S. Embassy in Dublin sponsor a variety of international exchange programs each year, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). These exchanges are designed to enhance mutual understanding between the people of the U.S. and Ireland. The Department of State is committed to supporting alumni by providing resources that will help them to build upon their exchange experience.
U.S. government-sponsored (USG) exchange program participants and alumni living in Ireland have a number of opportunities to be involved in post-exchange activities, as well as receive access to specialized resources such as:
• Alumni Associations: Ireland United States Alumni Association (IUSA); Irish Fulbright Alumni Association; Washington Ireland Program
• Events such as: Conferences, Receptions, Roundtables and Coffee Mornings.
Who is an alumnus/alumna?
You are an alumnus/alumna of a USG exchange program if you have participated in at least one of the following:
• International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP)
• Fulbright Exchange Program
• Irish Institute at Boston College
• Iowa Writers Program
• Citizen Exchanges
• Fusion Arts Program
• Voluntary Visitors Program
• Atlantic Corridor at Boston College
• Mitchell Scholars
• Gilman Scholars
• Washington-Ireland Program
• Youth Exchange Program
Ireland United States Alumni Association (IUSA)
Founded in January 2011 as an umbrella alumni association for all alumni of U.S. State Department funded programs, the Ireland United States Alumni Association (IUSA) aims to be a substantial, active, useful and creative association of members who are committed to making significant and meaningful contributions to Ireland, the lives of its people and to one another.
This new alumni association is open to all Irish alumni, alumni who are resident in Ireland and other interested alumni.
For more information about the IUSA or to register as a member, go to http://www.irishusalumni.com/.
Online Global Community for Alumni
State Alumni is the official website for more than 1,000,000 alumni of exchange programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Interactive, dynamic and password-protected, alumni.state.gov offers alumni from U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs a place to:
• Network with alumni from Fulbright, IVLP and other programs
• Find grant and funding opportunities worth more than $33 billion
• Access more than 20,000 free periodicals, newspapers and more
• Find the latest research in your field, plus jobs and career resources
• Participate in "Q&A Live" discussions with experts
• Share your experience with a global audience
• Read alumni success stories, perspectives and ideas
• Stay involved through a local alumni association
All alumni are invited to register for the site by clicking “Join Now.” All members are verified as alumni of a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program before receiving full access. Once you join, you will also have access to the Ireland Alumni Community on State Alumni – alumni.state.gov/ireland
To access the State Alumni global community, please click on the link below.
For all questions regarding Ireland’s Alumni Initiative, please contact us at DublinAlumni@state.gov