Federal Benefits/Social Security
Welcome to the Federal Benefits Unit in Dublin.
Please Note: The Federal Benefits Unit is closed to the public on Wednesdays.
You may contact us in a variety of ways but the most efficient way is by using our online form.
The Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) provides services for six federal benefits programs outside the U.S. The largest program is the Social Security Administration. The FBU provides assistance to beneficiaries in the Republic of Ireland and the Netherlands.
The Federal Benefits Unit is unable to answer inquiries related to visas, passports or other non-federal benefit issues. Please see the Embassy Sections page for assistance in contacting the correct department.
- Filing for Benefits or Medicare (Certification of Request for Benefits or Medicare)
For general enquiries see: Contacting the Dublin Federal Benefits Unit
- Social Security Numbers (SSN)
- Reporting a Change of Address or Direct Deposit
- Reporting a Death (Certification of Death of a Social Security Beneficiary)
- Services provided by the Dublin Federal Benefits Unit
- Social Security Benefit Statements
- Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire (Forms SSA-7161 or SSA-7162)
- Affordable Care Act Information
For a list of websites please see below or the feature box on the right:
SSN Printouts & Verifications
- Effective August 1st, 2014 the Social Security Administration stopped providing Social Security Number (SSN) printouts or verifications. The Social Security card is the only legal proof of an SSN.
BENEFITS & MEDICARE ONLINE
Email us through our ONLINE FORM
Telephone - MORNINGS ONLY: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
+353-1-668-8777, ext. 2112
Fax: Federal Benefits Unit - +353-1-668-7245
In-Person Inquiries: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, excepting American and Irish Holidays)
Afternoon Inquiries by appointment only.