Renew your Visa by Mail
How to Apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa
You may renew your visa by mail if you satisfy the following criteria:
1. If you are a citizen of Ireland or any of the 36 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), and you are normally resident in Ireland;
2. Your visa was issued after August 1, 2007, and it has not been expired for more than 12 months;
3. You are applying for the same classification of visa;
4. You have never been refused a visa to the U.S. or been arrested;
5. You have not answered "yes" to any of the "Medical and Health", "Criminal", "Security" or "Immigration Law Violation" questions on the visa application form.
If you meet all of the above requirements, you may apply by mail by sending the following documents to the Embassy:
If you do not meet the requirements to renew your visa by mail, please follow this link Apply for a Visa for information regarding the procedures for filing your application.
• Your passport;
• Complete and submit your visa application DS-160. The DS-160 is web-based and once completed, transmits the applicant’s data to the post where s/he will apply for the visa. U.S. Embassy Dublin will only accept the online application (DS-160) for all nonimmigrant visas. This web-based visa application is mandatory - previous versions are now obselete. Follow this link for further instructions on completing the online form.
• A Euro bank draft or postal order for the visa application fee;
• Supporting documents;
• A return self-addressed registered envelope.
Please also follow link to NIV Checklist for additional documents you will require to submit based on the visa category which you are renewing.
Please mail your documents to:
Visa Information Unit
Embassy of the United States of America
42 Elgin Road
Processing time for this service is 15 working days.
Please note: An application by mail does not guarantee a visa will be issued. The Embassy may request any applicant who applies by mail to appear in person for an interview. Please consult the Embassy website to ensure you submit all the required documents. Any incomplete applications will be returned to the sender without being processed.