U.S. Citizen Services
Emergency Messages for U.S. Citizens
We recommend all U.S. citizens to sign up for our free Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to automatically receive the latest travel updates and information by electronic mail.
Travel Alerts are issued to disseminate information about short-term conditions, either transnational or within a particular country, that pose significant risks to the security of U.S. citizens. Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, coups, anniversaries of terrorist events, election-related demonstrations or violence, and high-profile events such as international conferences or regional sports events are examples of conditions that might generate a Travel Alert. Below are the most currently issued Travel Alerts:
Worldwide Cautions are issued to provide updated information on the continuing threat of terrorist actions against U.S. citizens and interests worldwide. Please see below the most recently updated worldwide caution:
Emergency Messages Archive
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Security in Europe: 24 December 2015
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Worldwide Travel Alert: 23 November 2015
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Continued Security Awareness: 16 November 2015
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Worldwide Caution, January 10, 2015
- Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Worldwide Caution - October 10, 2014
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: July 23, 2014
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Scheduled Protest in Dublin City, Thursday May 1, 2014
Smart Traveler: Free App for U.S. Travelers
Messages for U.S. Citizens
- The latest travel information for Ireland is available here and remember: in a medical emergency dial 999, or if you need the police, dial 999 or 112 from your mobile phone.