Passport Processing Times:
The current processing time for U.S. passports is approximately 4-6 weeks. We advise all applicants requiring a U.S. passport for routine, scheduled travel to apply early and with this processing timeframe in mind. We are not able to process or guarantee delivery of passports for less than the standard processing time unless you have urgent, immediate travel due to a family or medical emergency, as determined and approved in person by a consular officer.
What passport service do you require?
- I want to renew my adult passport (10 year validity)
- I want to add visa pages
- I want to change the name on my U.S. passport
- I want to exchange my limited validity U.S. passport for full validity
Please Note: All the below services require a personal appearance at the U.S. Embassy by appointment
- I want to replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport
- I want to renew my child's passport (under 16)
- I want to apply for my first adult passport, most recent one was valid for 5 years (over 16)
- I want to renew my U.S. passport that has expired and was issued over 15 years ago
- I require an emergency passport for family or medical reasons
- I have never had a U.S. passport, I would like to apply for my first passport and I was born/naturalized/issued certificate of citizenship and over the age of 18
For any queries regarding the services listed above, please e-mail email@example.com
Failure to provide your Social Security Number may delay your application, please see the following for further information:
Notice regarding Renewals by Mail
If you are in Ireland and can renew by mail, you MUST send your documents to the U.S. Embassy.
Please visit PHOTO REQUIREMENTS for further examples and detailed instructions regarding the photographs acceptable for passport processing.