U.S. Embassy Dublin Ireland
Consular Services for U.S. Citizens Outreach in Galway will take place at the
** Radisson Hotel, Lough Atalia Road, Galway**
Wednesday, April 29th (7:00a.m. – 2:00p.m.)
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
U.S. citizens wishing to avail of these services please send an email to Dublinoutreach@state.gov, with your name, telephone/e-mail, service required (passport/notary/CRBA), and the time you would like to schedule an appointment.
What passport service do you require?
- I want to renew my adult passport (10 year validity)
- I want to add visa pages
- I want to change the name on my U.S. passport
- I want to exchange my limited validity U.S. passport for full validity
Please Note: All the below services require a personal appearance at the U.S. Embassy by appointment
- I want to replace a lost, stolen or damaged passport
- I want to renew my child's passport (under 16)
- I want to apply for my first adult passport, most recent one was valid for 5 years (over 16)
- I want to renew my U.S. passport that has expired and was issued over 15 years ago
- I want to apply for an emergency passport- I have travel plans in less than 5 working days
- I have never had a U.S. passport, I would like to apply for my first passport and I was born/naturalized/issued certificate of citizenship and over the age of 18
In the event that an emergency appointment is required, please e-mail email@example.com
Social Security Number requirement on all applications
Failure to provide your Social Security Number may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.
Section 6039E of the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. 6039E) requires you to provide your Social Security Number (SSN), if you have one, when you apply for a U.S. passport or renewal of a U.S. passport. If you have not been issued a SSN, enter zeros in box #5 of the passport application form you are completing. Contact the Social Security Administration to request a Number. If you are residing abroad, you must also provide the name of the foreign country in which you are residing. The U.S. Department of State must provide your SSN and foreign residence information to the Department of Treasury. If you fail to provide the information, you are subject to a $500 penalty enforced by the IRS. All questions on this matter should be directed to the nearest IRS office.
For further information please see the following Internal Revenue Service page: http://www.irs.gov/irb/2012-13_IRB/ar14.html#d0e9512
Notice regarding Renewals by Mail
If you are in Ireland and can renew by mail, you MUST send your documents to the U.S. Embassy.
Please visit PHOTO REQUIREMENTS for further examples and detailed instructions regarding the photographs acceptable for passport processing.