Children under age 16
Applications for Minors
Each minor child must appear in person at the Embassy and provide appropriate documentation. After reading the information below, please schedule the appointment.
Please use the following checklist
- Form DS-11 (If you do not have a Social Security number, enter 000-00-0000 on the online wizard. For any issues with the online application, the form is available for download here: DS-11 PDF
- Submit Proof of U.S. Citizenship
√ full validity (five-year) U.S. passport; or
√ an original/certified U.S. Birth Certificate; or
√ U.S. Certification of Consular Report of Birth Abroad/citizenship/naturalization
- Present Evidence of Child's Relationship to Parents/Guardians
√ Original birth certificate/Consular Report of Birth Abroad(with parents names and translation if necessary); or
√ Adoption decree/court order establishing custody or guardianship
Note: If the parent(s)' and/or guardian(s)’ name(s) is/are other than that on these documents, evidence of legal name change is required.
- Identification of both parents
√ Government issued I.D. (passport/driver's license/military etc.)
- Parent/s permission to apply for issuance of passport
√ If both parents are listed on the birth certificate they must appear together and sign. In the event that one parent is unable to attend, a notarized DS-3053 consent form and identification of non-appearing parent can be submitted. In Ireland, the consent form must be notarized by a notary listed on The Faculty of Notaries Public in Ireland.
√ One parent may submit primary evidence of sole authority to apply (such as one of the following):
Child's original birth certificate/Consular Report of Birth Abroad/Adoption Decree/Court Order, including translations if necessary) listing only applying parent; or
Death certificate of non-applying parent.
- Envelope with stamp approximately 8" x 10" for the return of your passport by express mail. €6.00 regular postage stamp required
- 1 x U.S. passport size photo, please click here for requirements
- Provide a Social Security Number (SSN) If you do not have a Social Security number complete the SS-5 application form in order to apply. For any queries please refer to the Federal Benefits Unit in Dublin.
- Fees: Please see the Passport/Citizenship Fee Page.
Any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Security at the Embassy
Please do not bring any electronic devices, such as laptop computers, Blackberries, iPods, or large bags, such as backpacks, suitcases or packages to the Consular Section as there are no storage facilities on Embassy grounds. Security guards may hold small tourist cameras and cell phones until your departure.