Reports of Birth Abroad
Birth Registration of Children Born Abroad to U.S. Citizens
To register for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, you must schedule an appointment to visit the embassy with your child and submit all the documentation as listed below.
For applicants over the age of 18 please visit the following link.
Please bring all of the following to your appointment:
Proof of Physical Presence in the United States (old passports, employment records, educational transcripts, tax returns/W2s etc.)
- DS-2029: Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad
of A Citizen of the United States of America
- DS-11: Passport application form
- SS-5: Social Security application, signed by one U.S. citizen parent.
- Envelope: A4 size envelope with €7.70 paid postage. Documents returned by Express Post mail.
- Passport photo: One 2" x 2" photo required. Please see specific guidelines for color photographs.
Fees: Please see the Passport/Citizenship Fee Page for the correct fee.
- Birth Certificate: Child's long-form birth certificate, issued by the local authorities.
- Marriage/Divorce Certificates if applicable: Original certificates issued by local, state, or national government authorities. If your certificates are in a language other than English, a certified translation must be provided;
- Evidence of Parents' Citizenship and Identity: U.S. (or foreign) passports/government issued I.D. required at time of application.
Any queries please contact email@example.com